Fortuna's Sausage & Italian Market Recipes
Apple and Provolone Risotto
Serves 6, Pairs perfectly with Apple Cider
- 1 1/2 cups Moscato d-Asti wine
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- Fine sea salt
- 2 firm, sweet apples (such as Gala or Braeburn), peeled, cored, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 3/4 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup Prosecco or dry white wine
- 5 cups Apple Peel broth - 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth combined with 2 1/2 cups water, heated to a simmer
- 1 cup grated Fortuna's Provolone Cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small saucepan, bring Moscato d'Asti to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and cook until wine is syrupy, golden, and reduced to 1/3 cup (about 15 minutes).
In a large saucepan combine onion, 1 tbs butter, oil, and 1/4 tsp salt; cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened (about 7 minutes). Add apples; cook, stirring occasionally (2 minutes more).
Add rice; cook, stirring frequently, until rice is translucent (about 4 minutes). Add Prosecco, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until liquid is mostly evaporated, then add 1/2 cup broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until broth is mostly absorbed. Continue adding broth in 1/2 cupfuls, stirring constantly, and allowing each addition to mostly absorb before adding the next, until rice is tender yet firm to the bite (you may have broth left over).
Remove pan from heat. Stir in remaining tbs butter, cheese, 1/4 tsp salt and a generous pinch of pepper, then cover and let stand 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve immediately, drizzled with Moscato syrup.
Buy the Products Featured in this Recipe:
You may also enjoy: