Fortuna's Sausage & Italian Market Recipes
Tuscan Sausage Soup
Prep time 20 minute or less and then simmer time
Add above 3 ingredients to soup pot and cook sausage until just about done.
Once cooked add the following and bring to a low boil:
- 1 large can of San Marzano plum tomatoes broken a bit
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- One 32 oz container of natural chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- A few leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 can of cannellini beans, not drained
- 1 bunch of steamed broccoli rabe, escarole or spinach, chopped
- Freshly Grated Fortuna's Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Simmer for at least 45 minutes.
To plate, add a few spoons of pasta (I prefer shells), then add soup on top and serve with crispy Italian bread.
Buy the Products Featured in this Recipe:
You may also enjoy: